Becoming a Member of the New Wiccan Church, International
First, only initiates of a Tradition of British Traditional Wicca are eligible to join NWC. Eligible initiates must also be of good character and of legal majority where they live.
- Initiates wishing to join should first inquire among their fellow initiates seeking an NWC member willing to stand as Sponsor for their application to join the NWC.
- Initiates wishing to join NWC whose acquaintance includes no members of NWC,
may e-mail the NWC at NWCoutreach@yahoo.com to request a volunteer Sponsor.
- Sponsor needs to know that Applicant is an initiate. If not known to Sponsor personally, Sponsor obtains a vouch for Applicant.
- Sponsor provides the Applicant NWC Bylaws, application forms, etc.
- Applicant fills out forms, pays the first year’s membership dues by check or PayPal (currently $20/Associate Member), Sponsor signs Applicant’s completed form, and mails (or scans & e-mails) all forms to NWC Membership Chair.
- Applicant info is posted by Sponsor in the NWC electronic forum for 30-day period.
- Barring objection during 30-day period, Applicant is approved for membership, and is sworn at next possible NWC meeting.
- New members are Associate (non-voting) Members for their first year and a day.
If elders in their own Tradition, members become Seated (voting) Members
(at Seated dues currently $25/year) after first year of membership.
Associate Members become Seated Members after three years & a day,
unless active in NWC efforts, when they may be proposed and voted to Seated status sooner.